While these cookies don’t taste like my Mom’s chocolate chip cookies, they taste really good when you’ve cut out all the nuts, dairy and grains on top of the gluten! By the way, nothing can beat my Mom’s cookies. Really truly. I’m serious. She has a gift, well many gifts, but one of them being the ability to make amazing cookies. Her sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, molasses crinkles, peanut butter blossoms, and oatmeal raisin cookies are all off the charts fabulous (and I’m not the only one who thinks so)!
I haven’t always been gluten-free, but the last three years I have and I don’t miss much as far as food or treats go, but I do miss my Mom’s incredible cookies. These coconut chocolate chip cookies can’t be measured against your cookies Mom, they are not even in this same world but they are interesting. They are a totally different kind of cookie than you’ve ever had before but I still think they are worth the calories! You can buy everything you need right here in Prague as well! Whip up a batch and have it with a glass of coconut milk and tell me what you think! Enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free – but not taste free)
recipe adapted from The Lemon Bowl
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed plus 3 Tbsp. water (mix and let sit)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted )
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk (I use homemade as coconut milk has a lot of additives in it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour (gf )
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Lifefood 80% sugar-free chocolate)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with baking paper or foil
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flax seed and water, then set aside for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix melted coconut oil, date sugar, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in coconut flour, chocolate chips and flax seed mixture.
- Scoop cookies using a large tablespoon and form a ball, flatten with the palm of your hand and place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from pan. Enjoy!